A&G Connection: Tap Into the Hidden Job Market

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tap Into the Hidden Job Market


As technology, social media and the Internet tries to replace face-to-face interaction, in-person interviews, real-life job fairs (the virtual ones are wack), the premise of “it’s who you know” will never go away. When you network, have casual conversations with your friends or even strangers, you are most likely going to find opportunities that will never hit the job websites…maybe they will start to show after they hired someone. It’s true. With ten to twenty open positions I applied to per day, I get five rejection emails every two to three days. And maybe two or three, I know that I am qualified for. So it’s weird to me that I never get responses except for the automated rejections.

The following are a few websites that I find extremely helpful that will give you more insight and information on how to tap into the the hidden job market. You may read it and say to yourself, “I know this already!” But sometimes, we overlook the most obvious information.


Getting A Job Using the Hidden Job Market

How To Get A Job
The Hidden Job Market App
55 Ways to Tap the Hidden Job Market

No comments:

Post a Comment